Main Article Content
Most management dealing with customers awaiting service find it difficult to determine the efficiency of their service facility and also to measure the performance of their system. Some of these performance measures could be the following; the number of customers in the system, the time spent by customer in the system, the queuing length and the time spent on the queue. The number of the customers being served for a specific time and the probability that there are n customers in the system are included in the performance measures. M/M/1 models for performance measure were developed with cost implications and the models were applied to one of the banking industry and the results help us to determine the efficiency and the performance measure in the bank and any business organization.
Keywords: performance, measure, efficiency, customers, bank.
Submission of a manuscript implies: that the work described has not been published before, that it is not under consideration for publication elsewhere; that if and when the manuscript is accepted for publication, the authors agree to automatic transfer of the copyright to the publisher.
Authors who publish with this journal agree to the following terms:
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgment of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgment of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work
- The journal allows the author(s) to retain publishing rights without restrictions.
- The journal allows the author(s) to hold the copyright without restrictions.