Main Article Content
Due to deficiency of information, the membership functions and probability distribution of a random fuzzy variable cannot be obtained
explicitly. It is a challenging work to find an appropriate membership function and an appropriate probability distribution when certain
partial information about a random fuzzy variable is given, such as expected value or moments. This paper solves such problems for the
maximum entropy of discrete random fuzzy variables with certain constraints. A genetic algorithm is designed to solve the general maximum
entropy model for discrete random fuzzy variables, which is illustrated by some numerical experiments.
Keywords: Random fuzzy variables; Chance measure; Entropy; Genetic algorithm
Submission of a manuscript implies: that the work described has not been published before, that it is not under consideration for publication elsewhere; that if and when the manuscript is accepted for publication, the authors agree to automatic transfer of the copyright to the publisher.
Authors who publish with this journal agree to the following terms:
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgment of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgment of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work
- The journal allows the author(s) to retain publishing rights without restrictions.
- The journal allows the author(s) to hold the copyright without restrictions.