Main Article Content
The exponential growth in the newer technologies like electronic gadgets and internet connectivity has led to many advancements in the existing systems and has provided a scope of many more such possible advancements. This research paper provides a detailed idea of the possible implementation of an efficient e-Voting system using web-based platform and also portrays the scope of deploying the idea onto an android platform making an android application that can be used instead of the website for the same known purpose. This idea easily depicts how the voting process can be made much more easy and efficient. This e-voting system promises the safest possible way to cast a vote and the best possible algorithm for calculation of the results. This paper provides the idea of the proposed system in terms of the specifications and requirements of the system. e-Voting basically means the process of voting done through an electronic device like personal computers, laptops or smart phones etc. In the starting, an introduction and brief idea is provided about the proposed system through a general diagram. This section is followed by the concepts, surveys, design and implementation details that would be made use of in the work.
Keywords: e-Voting, Android application, SMS Short Messaging Service, Web-based platform, Cipher key
Submission of a manuscript implies: that the work described has not been published before, that it is not under consideration for publication elsewhere; that if and when the manuscript is accepted for publication, the authors agree to automatic transfer of the copyright to the publisher.
Authors who publish with this journal agree to the following terms:
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgment of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgment of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work
- The journal allows the author(s) to retain publishing rights without restrictions.
- The journal allows the author(s) to hold the copyright without restrictions.