Main Article Content
It has been observed for a quite long time that Web Security has been one of hot research areas, from point of view of be it either analysis or detection and later developing mitigation plans. Web security threats have undergone much sophistication compared to their initial introduction and they are becoming more & more evolved every day. The evolution might be in terms of new ways of attack or bringing in resistance to using simulated OS or VM environments. Also, there has been considerable shift in the target of attacks in recent years. Earlier, clients were ignored while choosing targets. But, in recent years client user has become the main target for attacks as the adversary believe that the end user is the weakest link in the security chain. As a result of all these latest developments traditional security tools have been ineffective against these new attacks either for detecting or analysing the attacks. In this regard this paper presents a brief survey of research challenges and open issues in the area of web security under the suitable subtitles depending upon type of attack associated with the issues.
Keywords: web security, mitigation, evolution, resistance
Submission of a manuscript implies: that the work described has not been published before, that it is not under consideration for publication elsewhere; that if and when the manuscript is accepted for publication, the authors agree to automatic transfer of the copyright to the publisher.
Authors who publish with this journal agree to the following terms:
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgment of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgment of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work
- The journal allows the author(s) to retain publishing rights without restrictions.
- The journal allows the author(s) to hold the copyright without restrictions.