Main Article Content
In this modern era of ubiquitous computing, mobile devices have become a vital part of our day-to-day chores. With the continuous evolution of mobile applications and advantage of portability, these devices have become our primary information processing devices. Despite the ever increasing technological advances, these devices are still not able to go neck-to-neck with the traditional computing infrastructure (such as personal computers, laptop etc.). So, researchers have been stressing upon the resource constraints of mobile devices since long. Mobile Cloud Computing can be seen as an appropriate solution to this problem because of its features like instantaneous scalability, on-demand services, ubiquitous network access. It has been a reverberation in technological scenario in the recent past. This paper presents a review on basic principles, characteristics and the recent research trends in the field.
Keywords: mobile cloud computing, collaborative computing, partitioning, off loading.
Submission of a manuscript implies: that the work described has not been published before, that it is not under consideration for publication elsewhere; that if and when the manuscript is accepted for publication, the authors agree to automatic transfer of the copyright to the publisher.
Authors who publish with this journal agree to the following terms:
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgment of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgment of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work
- The journal allows the author(s) to retain publishing rights without restrictions.
- The journal allows the author(s) to hold the copyright without restrictions.