Main Article Content
This paper discusses about various protocols which govern communication in an infrastructure-less Mobile Ad-hoc network. Also efficient protocols and algorithms are proposed for the effective communication in MANET. The existing protocols which basically govern the process of clustering are not very apt for communication and have certain drawbacks. Analysis of results has provided a direction to move on by proposing new protocols and algorithms for clustering. This has been an area of interest among the scientist and the researchers for a long time as there is no fixed infrastructure or architecture in MANET for communication purpose as against in a fixed infrastructure based cellular system. Therefore while implementing communication in MANET by simply mapping the concepts of base station (fixed infrastructure cellular system), various issues may crop up like limited battery power, scalability, available band width etc. This study introduces the topic of clustering and the various protocols involved with clustering in order to establish communication in MANET.
Keywords: Manet, Cluster, Coloured Petri Nets(CPN), Critical Transmission Range(CTR)
Submission of a manuscript implies: that the work described has not been published before, that it is not under consideration for publication elsewhere; that if and when the manuscript is accepted for publication, the authors agree to automatic transfer of the copyright to the publisher.
Authors who publish with this journal agree to the following terms:
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgment of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgment of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work
- The journal allows the author(s) to retain publishing rights without restrictions.
- The journal allows the author(s) to hold the copyright without restrictions.