Main Article Content
Multiplexer (MUX) is the key switching element to process and feed the data to various blocks of a computing core. Nowadays the data
size is of 64 bit or beyond. The use of MUX in ALUâ€™s plays a prominent role to switch the correct logic path to further stage. Overall MUX
architecture for a larger data width uses more number of transistors and consumes unnecessary stand by or static power. To reduce the static power
consumption, the de-composed MUX with 2-1 MUX as a leaf cell is used as a tree like structure to build the top module. The Controller which
utilizes the PTL clock gating concept consumes nearly 20 Î¼W low power than the AND gate as clocking gate. However the simulation results show
that the former one is nearly 100ns slower than the basic AND as clocking gate due to the so called trade off.
Keywords: Clock gating; low power; de-composed MUX; area optimization; dynamic; switching activity;
Submission of a manuscript implies: that the work described has not been published before, that it is not under consideration for publication elsewhere; that if and when the manuscript is accepted for publication, the authors agree to automatic transfer of the copyright to the publisher.
Authors who publish with this journal agree to the following terms:
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgment of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgment of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work
- The journal allows the author(s) to retain publishing rights without restrictions.
- The journal allows the author(s) to hold the copyright without restrictions.