Main Article Content
Use of proxy server could help in providing adequate access and response time to large numbers of World Wide Web (WWW) users requesting previously accessed page. The result of the study showed that hit ratios of the proxy servers range from 21% to 39% for large organization (More number of Users) 40% to 70% for medium organizations (medium number of users) and over 70% of web pages are dynamic. The study indicates the effectiveness of the proxy server and helps to evaluate the trade-off between money spent on higher bandwidth lower latency connections, versus the cost/performance of using caching intermediary.
Keywords: caching, hit ratios, Miss, DNS Proxy, performance.
Submission of a manuscript implies: that the work described has not been published before, that it is not under consideration for publication elsewhere; that if and when the manuscript is accepted for publication, the authors agree to automatic transfer of the copyright to the publisher.
Authors who publish with this journal agree to the following terms:
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgment of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgment of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work
- The journal allows the author(s) to retain publishing rights without restrictions.
- The journal allows the author(s) to hold the copyright without restrictions.