Main Article Content
An ad hoc network is a collection of mobile nodes that dynamically form a temporary network and are infrastructure less. Due to Open Medium, dynamic topology, Distributed Cooperation, Constrained Capabilities ad hoc networks are vulnerable to many types of security attacks. This paper is about the prevention of impersonation Attack. The proposed system is based on authentication system. In which cryptographic signature matching is performed between the mobile station and the base station. we have used Diffie-Hellman based cryptography approach to perform the secure transmission over the network. The system is implemented in ns2 with AODV protocol and analysis is presented using Xgraph.
Keywords: MANET, AODV, Security, Impersonation attack,NS2
Submission of a manuscript implies: that the work described has not been published before, that it is not under consideration for publication elsewhere; that if and when the manuscript is accepted for publication, the authors agree to automatic transfer of the copyright to the publisher.
Authors who publish with this journal agree to the following terms:
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgment of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgment of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work
- The journal allows the author(s) to retain publishing rights without restrictions.
- The journal allows the author(s) to hold the copyright without restrictions.