Main Article Content
A PC application for cost efficient transmission of information via Bluetooth to handheld mobile devices (smart-phone, tablet, etc) is proposed. In the wide spread area, where the information dissemination plays a vital role and the data content of information changes periodically, the conventional ways of information display becomes costly and tedious. Our application can be used to effectively broadcast the information for a personal/moderate area. It communicates with the personal handheld devices in its surrounding using Bluetooth network and sends appropriate information. The application compresses information in a suitable format, which makes it quick and easy to transmit. The range of operation can be altered with the help of PICONET or SCATTER-NET, pooling many transceivers together. In this way we can overcome the conventional way (sticking posters, banners and pamphlets) using an ecological, free of cost personal area Bluetooth network.
Keywords: Bluetooth, Java, J2ME, Mobile Devices, Windows/Linux, Information Dissemination, BlueCove
Submission of a manuscript implies: that the work described has not been published before, that it is not under consideration for publication elsewhere; that if and when the manuscript is accepted for publication, the authors agree to automatic transfer of the copyright to the publisher.
Authors who publish with this journal agree to the following terms:
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgment of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgment of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work
- The journal allows the author(s) to retain publishing rights without restrictions.
- The journal allows the author(s) to hold the copyright without restrictions.