Main Article Content
Crimes at automated teller machines (ATMs) are issues that face customers and bank operators. A lot of criminals tamper with ATM terminals and steal customersâ€™ card details by illegal means. Security of data from unauthorized access, unauthorized modification and destruction of data most especially in ATM systems has been a challenge. The researchers in this work responded to this challenge by developing and simulating a robust fingerprint authentication model for ATM security. The techniques of the Structured System Analysis and Design Methodology (SSADM), Object Oriented Analysis and Design Methodology (OOADM) and the prototyping methodology were adopted for the systematic study and design of the model. Thereafter, we deployed Microsoft Visual C# and MySQL tools to implement the designed system. The system was interfaced with DigitalPersona, a fingerprint reader. The result is a robust fingerprint authentication model for ATM security.
Keywords- ATM, e-banking, fingerprint, PIN, security
Submission of a manuscript implies: that the work described has not been published before, that it is not under consideration for publication elsewhere; that if and when the manuscript is accepted for publication, the authors agree to automatic transfer of the copyright to the publisher.
Authors who publish with this journal agree to the following terms:
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgment of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgment of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work
- The journal allows the author(s) to retain publishing rights without restrictions.
- The journal allows the author(s) to hold the copyright without restrictions.