Main Article Content
Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP) is one of the most advancing technologies used to make calls through the internet. In Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP) system, the speech signal is degraded when passed through the network layers. The speech signal is processed through the best effort policy based Internet Protocol (IP) network, which leads to the network degradations including delay, packet loss and jitter. The researchers have made enormous efforts to resolve the QoS issues to make VoIP best alternative to the traditional public switched telephone network. The work in this paper summarized the performance progress in quality of service (QoS) mechanism for enabling the VoIP system to provide the toll quality service to the users.
Keywords: VoIP, QoS, Signal Processing
Submission of a manuscript implies: that the work described has not been published before, that it is not under consideration for publication elsewhere; that if and when the manuscript is accepted for publication, the authors agree to automatic transfer of the copyright to the publisher.
Authors who publish with this journal agree to the following terms:
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgment of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgment of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work
- The journal allows the author(s) to retain publishing rights without restrictions.
- The journal allows the author(s) to hold the copyright without restrictions.