Main Article Content
In today's collaborative environments such as bioinformatics and healthcare, the access to an increasing number of distributed data
sources is an important step towards enhancing decision support systems. In this context, we propose a mediation framework for integrating
distributed Web services into communities and we show how the use of communities provides a scalable solution for gathering and managing
functionally-equivalent Web services. Hence, in this paper we first propose a model of Web services communities. Secondly, as the specificities
and design complexity of Web services communities call for a language and tool support to guide a Web services community design we propose
a WSC-UML profile for the design of web services communities .The proposed tool extends UML to express specific concepts of web services
communities. Finally, the paper illustrates the usefulness of the proposed profile notation using a health care community example designed with
the WSC-UML Tool
Keywords: Web services, communities, UML extension, health care, model.
Submission of a manuscript implies: that the work described has not been published before, that it is not under consideration for publication elsewhere; that if and when the manuscript is accepted for publication, the authors agree to automatic transfer of the copyright to the publisher.
Authors who publish with this journal agree to the following terms:
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgment of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgment of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work
- The journal allows the author(s) to retain publishing rights without restrictions.
- The journal allows the author(s) to hold the copyright without restrictions.