Main Article Content
Data mining over period of time is establishing itself as one of the major disciplines in computer science with growing industrial impact. Early Computing was to designing files to store the data so that information could be efficiently accessed but now the trend has completely changed. With enormous data in their pockets companies and organizations want to know about the patterns and trend that this data follows i.e. the knowledge to build the intelligence and take the action to improve their business. Data mining, the science of extracting useful knowledge from such huge data repositories, has emerged as a young and interdisciplinary field in computer science. Education researchers, with a large data repository in education field, are trying to make use of the concept of data mining. With this there is a rise in a field called Educational Data Mining (EDM).This research is to discover new knowledge or learner skills or features of education. This paper reviews the work done in this area.
Keywords: Higher Education, Education Data mining , Quality and Quantity of education, Tradition educational issues .
Submission of a manuscript implies: that the work described has not been published before, that it is not under consideration for publication elsewhere; that if and when the manuscript is accepted for publication, the authors agree to automatic transfer of the copyright to the publisher.
Authors who publish with this journal agree to the following terms:
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgment of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgment of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work
- The journal allows the author(s) to retain publishing rights without restrictions.
- The journal allows the author(s) to hold the copyright without restrictions.