Main Article Content
Text extraction in an image is a challenging task in the computer vision. Text extraction plays an important role in providing useful and valuable information. Text line segmentation is a major component for document image analysis. Text in documents depend upon various factors such as language, styles, font, sizes, color, background, orientation, fluctuating text lines, crossing or touching text lines. The ascending approach to segmentation of scanned documents in the area of background, text, and photographs is considered. Such classification algorithms can also be used in the printing industry for selective or enhanced scanning and object-oriented rendering. We propose a page-layout-segmentation technique to extract text from scanned documents and also extract each character from the image.
Keywords: character extraction, document image, Image segmentation, page segmentation, X-Y Cut Technique text extraction.
Submission of a manuscript implies: that the work described has not been published before, that it is not under consideration for publication elsewhere; that if and when the manuscript is accepted for publication, the authors agree to automatic transfer of the copyright to the publisher.
Authors who publish with this journal agree to the following terms:
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgment of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgment of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work
- The journal allows the author(s) to retain publishing rights without restrictions.
- The journal allows the author(s) to hold the copyright without restrictions.