Main Article Content
This research Analysis of M/M/1/3 as a Means of Decision Making in Banking Industry . UBA bank in Katsina state were used as a case study. This study is limited to queuing system of the customers data in the arrivals and service, operate for the period of 8.00am to 4.00pm on a daily basis for the interval of 60minutes for 10days in the UBA bank. For this study direct observation was used to obtain the number of customers arrived and numbers of customers serviced within the stipulated time interval.. The result shows that at any point in time there will be at least 2 customers in the system that is in M/M/1/3 . At least there will be only one customer in the queue in the system. At any point in time, a customer spent one 1 minute and 7seconds on the queue for M/M/1/3 . The expected time required by a customer to spent on the system is 11minutes and 18 seconds before leaving the bank in M/M/1/3. Since the utilization factor Ïk â‰¤ 0.5,for the system, there is a building up of customers and as a result there are few people in the system. That is the system is in control. Therefore M/M/1/3 is more effectives in terms of time spent in the system. We thereby recommended that The pattern at which queue component arrived and service should be thoroughly studied, the operating characteristics should be computed to determine the type of queue formed
Keywords: Queuing, customers, arrival, service, utilization factors
Submission of a manuscript implies: that the work described has not been published before, that it is not under consideration for publication elsewhere; that if and when the manuscript is accepted for publication, the authors agree to automatic transfer of the copyright to the publisher.
Authors who publish with this journal agree to the following terms:
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgment of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgment of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work
- The journal allows the author(s) to retain publishing rights without restrictions.
- The journal allows the author(s) to hold the copyright without restrictions.