Main Article Content
Cloud storage enables users to remotelystore their data and enjoy the on-demand high quality cloud applications without the
burden of local hardware and software management. Though the benefits are clear, such a service is also relinquishing usersâ€™ physical
possession of their outsourced data, which inevitably poses new security risks towards the correctness of the data in cloud. In order to
address this new problem and further achieve a secure and dependable cloud storage service, we propose in this paper a flexible
distributed storage integrity auditing mechanism, utilizing the homomorphic token and distributed erasure-coded data. The proposed
design allows users to audit the cloud storage with very lightweight communication and computation cost. The auditing result not only
ensures strong cloud storage correctness guarantee, but also simultaneously achieves fast data error localization, i.e., the identification
of misbehaving server. Considering the cloud data are dynamic in nature, the proposed design further supports secure and efficient
dynamic operations on outsourced data, including block modification, deletion, and append.
Submission of a manuscript implies: that the work described has not been published before, that it is not under consideration for publication elsewhere; that if and when the manuscript is accepted for publication, the authors agree to automatic transfer of the copyright to the publisher.
Authors who publish with this journal agree to the following terms:
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgment of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgment of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work
- The journal allows the author(s) to retain publishing rights without restrictions.
- The journal allows the author(s) to hold the copyright without restrictions.