Main Article Content
Honeypots are designed to attract the attackers and gather their information. It can be used to log an attackerâ€™s activities, analyze its behaviour and design new approaches to defend against it. As there is no human user working on the honeypot, there is absence of physical and network activity on it. This can easily provide the identity of the honeypot to the attackers. In order to operate effectively, it is required to conceal the honeypot from the attacker. Thus the attacker will attack on the host without knowing that it is a honeypot, and honeypot can collect more information about the attacker. For concealing the honeypot, here we present honeypot as a normal host by sending dummy files over the network. Generally honeypot does not contain any network traffic. So here we will generate network traffic around honeypot by using dummy files.
Keywords: Conceal Honeypot, Network Security
Submission of a manuscript implies: that the work described has not been published before, that it is not under consideration for publication elsewhere; that if and when the manuscript is accepted for publication, the authors agree to automatic transfer of the copyright to the publisher.
Authors who publish with this journal agree to the following terms:
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgment of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgment of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work
- The journal allows the author(s) to retain publishing rights without restrictions.
- The journal allows the author(s) to hold the copyright without restrictions.