Main Article Content
Business rule is very important to the modeling and definition of information systems. Business rules are implemented as triggers in relational databases. The rule expresses a policy that how organization carries out a task. Business rules represent information about real world and database is collection of related information. Also people are interested in the set of rules that determines operation of business. Data models in DBMS give the structure of data; business rules are sometimes used to tell how the data can and should be used. There are various types data models supported in DBMS like network model, Hierarchical model and relational model. There are various business rules in DBMS like domain rules, integrity rules and triggering operations. In relational database business rules can be implemented with the help of checks, assertions and triggers. Eliciting, expressing, and capturing business rules is most important in DBMS which makes live databases more strong.
Keywords: Network model, Hierarchical Model, Trigger, Assertion, Domain rule, Integrity Rule
Submission of a manuscript implies: that the work described has not been published before, that it is not under consideration for publication elsewhere; that if and when the manuscript is accepted for publication, the authors agree to automatic transfer of the copyright to the publisher.
Authors who publish with this journal agree to the following terms:
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgment of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgment of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work
- The journal allows the author(s) to retain publishing rights without restrictions.
- The journal allows the author(s) to hold the copyright without restrictions.